The Information We Collect. We may receive and store any information you enter on the Site or provide to us in any other way that would allow us to identify you personally or contact you, or is connected to your specific identify. Examples of information we may collect from you include your:
- Email address;
- non-email authentication, if you are using a mobile device;
- unique mobile device ID number, if you access our services via a mobile application;
- social media account ID and information shared with us via your social media account;
- Social information (from any social media site you connected with, if any),
- photos that you upload to the Site;
- mailing address;
- phone number;
- any personal information you provide to us when you email us, or Contact Us, or when you post on the Site;
If you make a contribution to an organization via the site, or act as a mobilizer on behalf of an organization via the site, we will collect the following additional information:
- the currency of any contribution;
- the amount you contributed;
- the amount of any refund.
We collect browser and device information, including your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the platform you are using, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies. A web beacon is a transparent image file.
Web beacons enable us to track website usage information, such as the number of times a given web page has been viewed. Web Beacons may also recognize when an email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URL’s (links within the email) were clicked. We may use Web Beacons in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of the Site.
We do not currently support Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals submitted by your browser.
We may collect information through your activities offline, for example when you respond to user surveys or provide information if we assist you by telephone. We may obtain information about you from public records and publicly available databases.
How We Use Information. When you provide us with your personal information, we may use such information for a number of purposes, including:
- To facilitate communication between Mobilize Digital and you;
- To provide a report to an Organization for which you are a Supporter or a Mobilizer to which you have made a donation;
- To enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws;
- We use your information to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, to complete and fulfill your transactions with us and to send administrative information to you,
- We use your information for general business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new services, administering your account, enhancing, improving, or modifying our platforms, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- We personalize your experience based on what we know about you. We may also send you promotional and / or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We use information about your computer or device to ensure that our site, apps, and APIs function properly and are optimized for your computer or device.
- If you are using one of our mobile applications, we use your device ID to recognize you when you use the application and to store your preferences and settings.
- We use IP Addresses for administration and security purposes, such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose problems, and detecting fraud and misbehavior.
- We may use and share aggregated and anonymized information to better understand and serve our users or for optimization of our marketing and ad targeting efforts.
- we may combine the information you submit to us with information about you from public records, publicly available databases, and third-party providers.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties. Mobilize Digital may give, share, sell or trade your personal information to or with any third parties under the following circumstances:
Organizations: When you decide to be a Supporter of or a Mobilizer on behalf of an Organization, or when you make a donation to an Organization via the Services, Mobilize Digital shares your personal information, including your full name, email and mailing address, date of donation and amount of donation, with that Organization. In such cases, your personal information may be associated with particular activity on Mobilize Digital, including being a Supporter of an Organization, acting as a Mobilizer of an Organization and making a donation to an Organization.
We may share your first and last name and city with the Organization that initiated an action you supported and its Managers. We may identify you to the recipients of messages you may choose to send through our platforms.
If you are the Manager of an Organization, your contact information may be shared with other Users who view the information posted concerning the Organization and the cause it supports.
We may share your information with our affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of Mobilize Digital.
We may share information about you with our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners (“Service Providers”) who process information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our Service Providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or receive with anyone else or from using such information for other purposes.
We work with Stripe, a Payment Card Industry compliant payment processing company, which may store your personal information, as described in paragraph two above.
Information You Publicly Post. Any User Generated Content you create is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your User Generated Content even if you remove the User Generated Content. The profile you create on our Site will be publicly visible.
Children. The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. Mobilize Digital does not knowingly market to, or solicit information, accept service or collect information from any person under the age of 13. If Mobilize Digital becomes aware that any person submitting information to the Site is under the age of 13, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. We require that only persons 13 years of age or older use the Site. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old.
California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their “direct marketing purposes” as such term is defined by California’s Shine the Light Law (California Civil Code 1798.83). To make such a request, please email us or write us: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We will provide a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes, along with the names and addresses of these third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or postal address specified above. You should put “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and in your request. You must provide Mobilize Digital with specific information regarding yourself so Mobilize Digital can accurately respond to the request.